Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ode to Springfield

Top Ten Things I Will Miss (in no particular order)

1. The 15-minute-or-less commute…to anywhere
2. Springfield Conservation Nature Center…many the miles
3. South Creek Trail…favorite bike ride
4. Friday Night Art Walks…perfect summer night
5. Hockey at Jordan Valley Ice Park…Go Ice Bears (and Girls)!
6. Missouri State University…the people, the perks, and naps by the fountain
7. Dancing at Martha’s on Drag Show nights…best ever
8. My hair dresser…YEARS of worry-free cut and color
9. Mama Jean’s Natural Food Market…local organic delights
10. My Apartment…my happy place/twinkly white lights/naps by the fireplace/my neighbor


Top Ten Food Experiences I Will Miss (in no particular order)

1. Wings @ Coester’s (RIP)
2. Spinach Dip @ Ebbets
3. Mac ‘n Cheese @ Springfield Brewing Company
4. Market Street Chicken Sandwich (I think) @ Mille’s Café
5. Goat Cheese & Spinach Quesadilla @ Maria’s
6. Margarita Pizza (with Spinach) @ South Ave Pizza Co…I think I like spinach?
7. Brain Freeze Frozen Beverage @ Tropical Liqueurs…sometimes, tequila is good
8. Fried Mushrooms @ Patton Alley Pub
9. Oreo Concrete w/Chocolate Ice Cream @ Andy’s
10. Original Margarita (on the rocks w/salt) @ Cheddars…even though they raised the price


To those who taught me, took a chance on me, believed in me, helped me, hurt me, laughed with me---To those who cried with me, hugged me, thanked me, corrected me, challenged me---To those who supported me, drank with me, danced with me, walked with me, talked with me---To those who tolerated me, smiled at me, called me, texted me, loved me….THANK YOU.

For it is you who I shall miss the most.

No comments: